We started off with doing something I have dreamed of doing since we began this project. We decorated our house with bible verses. Tons of them...on the insides of closets, on the floors, inside doorways....and I can't tell you how good it feels to know that the FOUNDATION of our house, the supports that hold up our walls, are covered in God's word. It was such a comfort to know that this house is starting off right. I know that those words, even though we won't be able to see them for much longer, will be something I remember as long as we live there. Which, better be for a LONG time because I don't plan on moving :)
After that, we cleaned up the house, boy can a work crew make a mess. Nails, scrap wood, and a HUGE collection of vitamin water bottles were packed in garbage bags or burned and we spent the whole day just playing and having fun. The weather was amazing, and I found myself often daydreaming about this summer and sitting in the back yard, with a BBQ going and kids running around the yard.
Once it got dark, it was amazing to see the amount of stars you can see when you distance yourself from the bright lights and big city, er, big suburb :) And even louder was the frogs. Luckily our kids like noise when they sleep, there will be no shortage of nature sounds in our neck of the woods!
Next on the agenda is getting the roof on, which will be comforting because of the rain that is constantly looming in the forecast. The windows and doors are there, so I'm hoping those are going on soon to get everything sealed up. It's so fun to turn the corner onto the property and see what happened that day. There are days nothing happens and it's disheartening because you feel like you lose momentum, but there is no sense getting frustrated about it. If anything, I have learned that.















No comments:
Post a Comment