The last week has seen a few steps in the right direction, but we did have to take some giant steps back to take some baby steps forward.
First of, lets discuss double-dates. I'm sure most of you would think it would be dinner and some kind of fun activity with friends. Conversation, laughing...no kids. Always a night to look forward to. This week we had a double-date with my brother and his girlfriend. It involved dim lighting and lots of laughing, but also head lamps, ice, rebar, 2x4's...and some impromptu ice skating. Fun times.
In an effort to save costs on re-forming the foundation, we opted to tear down the existing forms ourselves. We learned on Wednesday that our dirt guy was coming out to fix the compaction issues on Friday, which meant we had very little time to get everything ready. And when that happens, you call in reinforcements. So we left six kids, chicken nuggets, french fries and ice cream bars in the capable hands of Papa and the four of us went to work. Surprisingly, it only took about 4 hours to pull up all the forms, and rebar and stack it neatly on the side of the property. It think it would have went even faster if we weren't working on top of thick layers of ice from the freezing temps we had earlier in the week. There were a few falls and some impromptu skate moves, but we got it done!
So, with that done, we had our dirt guy come back out and fix everything and now it looks pretty and the Geologist thankfully agreed. So, onward and upward we go.
Patience. This is something I have never had much of. I peeked at Christmas gifts when I was young, I always read the back of the book to know the ending...and Seth will probably a very embarrassing story about my lack of patience and the ultimatum I gave him before we were engaged. Yea, safe to say patience is NOT something that comes naturally to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment